- Genera lIntro
- Tourist Info
- Money Currency
- Time Open
- Water Electrict
- Plan To VietNam
- Season Choose
- Formula Choose
- How It Work
- Customs Requirement
- Assurance Travel
Vietnam custom regulations
Arriving in Vietnam, all visitors must fill in declaration forms and show their luggage to Customs Officials upon request. There are no limited amounts of foreign currency, objects made of gold, silver, precious metals and gemstones or plated with silver or gold but visitors must declare these in detail on the customs forms.
Luggage of Prohibited and Restricted carriage
- Following materials are prohibited accompanying baggage: corrosive, gas, explosive, toxic, oxygen, radioactive, flammable...
- Following materials are not permitted accompanying baggage: knife, scissors, gun, cartridge, wheelchair with battery;
- Passenger should not put money, jewel, document, important samples... in your baggage. Baggage should be covered and locked carefully;
- Passenger should not put breakable materials such as china, electronic, bottle, jar... inside your baggage;
- Following goods are prohibited carrying in flight: fish sauce, durian...
- Tourists are authorized to bring in the following items duty-free: Cigarettes: 400 pieces; Cigars: 50-100; Tobacco: 100 gram; Liquor: 1.5l.
- Personal effects of a reasonable quantity
- Small gift items valued at not more than US$500.
You are expected to declare:
- Cameras, camcorders and other electric equipments not for personal use
Jewelry not for personal use;
- Currency over US$7,000 (There is no limit to the amounts of cash, precious metals and gems people can bring in, but amounts of over US$7,000 must be declared);
- Video tapes (they may be kept few days and screened).
- Goods of commercial nature and articles of high value require export permits issued by the Customs Office.
- Antiques, some precious stones and animals listed in Vietnam's red-book may not be brought out of the country.
- Money: below US$3,000 of cash.